Starting a new job on Monday (and, no, I'm not telling you where) doing credit risk: that'll keep me going until at least the end of January 2011. If the worst comes to the worst then it'll pay the bills for another few months.
Off to Pakistan for a week to do a course on operational, treasury and liquidity management risk. The course content will, eventually, go up on the Menelaus website too - excellent.
Invited to a "do" in Glasgow next week and, whilst tempted, am not going to go ahead with it. It's the same day as the graduation ceremony at UWE which I can't go to because of work but -- I've ensured that the winners of the Menelaus awards have got their money and certificates so no massive negatives to my not being there.
From the point of view of current Menelaus work, we've got a number of engagements which I'm working on and another item from Glasgow which is in the form of a research proposal at the moment. It's good to be writing a paper for a peer-reviewed academic journal and it's surprisingly satisfying. Millie the hound is loving having me around the house, I think.
A past job was due to pay its final instalment on 31 October 2010: this isn't the case so Menelaus have had to generate case number 0QZ34161 in the County Court for this purpose. Having spotted the MDs car (a 6.2l AMG Merc CL - ~£112,000 worth, registered with a personalised plate) yesterday can't *tell* you how much I'm looking forward to sending the bailiffs after it.
On the health side ... erm. Yeah. Least said, soonest mended. Have begun to notice a bit more self-doubt creeping in than normal: for example, when I mention that I've done something in the past I'm beginning to get the sneaking suspicion that perhaps I'm imagining either having done it or said it in the past. I know that this sounds completely and utterly irrational. Let's see.
No comments:
Post a Comment