I'm busily working on a number of R&D projects as per previous and we've got a lender who we're working with who are keen to arrange a proof-of-concept of the affordability model. Over and above this, there's an external issue which is that the regulation which is causing the requirement for this is busily coming apart with almost every industry body being against it. Some bits (e.g., no self-certification, no interest-only) are understandable but things like more accurate affordability aren't that different or difficult ... famous last words.
Am talking to my alma mater (Glasgow) on Monday about doing an MRes with them: this nicely dovetails into a project I've been asked to think about to create a self-iterating ratings model. Those of you who know me will know that I've been working on this experimentally for years and have never been able to get it to work through lack of processing power: I met with the strategy guy from the organisation on Thursday and we had a chat - they have had the same issues as I've had but have thrown oodles of processing power at the problem, hence perhaps bringing me along.
Working also on another few possible projects so we'll see what these bring. Oh, and I'm off to Karachi in a few weeks time. That'll be very cool - leaving UK in single-figure temperatures and the mean temperature in Karachi at the same time is something like 31 degrees ... eek!
No comments:
Post a Comment