Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Ding-Ding! All change!

It's been a busy few weeks. Phew. Apologies to the reader -- if you've been looking for an update.

My Badger and I went up to Wester Ross a couple of weekends ago and - wind, weather and rain notwithstanding - had a great time. The Badger didn't enjoy the flying elements but unfortunately trying to get that far north using anything other than wings isn't really practical. BD (Blonde Dog) got to have a fabulous weekend away and I had a night at home without her -- surprising how soon and how easy it is to miss her, the wee thing.

Badger seemed to enjoy herself and there's lots and lots and lots and lots and lots (!) of photographic subjects. That she was dosed up to the eyeballs with a benzodiazepene meant that she didn't see much on the way to and from Wester Ross, but no mind. She got some cracking photos, including one of a seal which popped up at exactly the right moment (after the Badger had been waiting for it for whole hours) after a couple of hours of being bored senseless on a glass bottomed boat around the harbour.

The Badger's also got a new job -- which is absolutely magnificent news :: much less lecherousness, we can only hope.

Pour moi, I've appointed another director to my company as I'll be leaving the company soon to go work in a larger organisation who've made me a ridiculous offer of employment which makes no sense whatsoever. Those last five words suggest that I'm back in my self-defeatist state. Ho hum.

On an R&D platform front, I'm working on a couple of projects -- one a big data repository, one an affordability project and one a TtD stress testing project. Plus, I'm off to Pakistan in a few weeks to do three days work in lecturing.

Still getting negatives and way downs. Lock box remains locked however (a Good Thing) albeit that the lock box ideas are still in my head: nothing else done with it thus far, thankfully -- other than some idle enquiries being made.

Onwards ... or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment